Sector Partnership Community of Practice
Colorado Statewide Sectors Network Webinars are for anyone involved with sector partnerships. These webinars will include sector strategy updates, partnership profiles, and presenters addressing areas of common concern.
Peer networking calls are for all members of sector partnerships and are organized by industry.
- Statewide Sectors Network Webinars
Tuesday, April 28, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, July 28, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, October 27, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
- Retail Community of Practice Network
Tuesday, May 5, 2020 from 3-4 p.m. - View Recording
Tuesday, August 4, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 from 3-4 p.m. (with Multi-industry)
- Healthcare Community of Practice Network
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 from 3-4 p.m. - View Recording
Tuesday, August 11, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, November 3, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
- Advanced Manufacturing Community of Practice Network
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, May 19, 2020 from 3-4 p.m. - View Recording
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
- Multi-industry Community of Practice Network
Tech, Construction, Retail, Ag, Energy, Recreation & Tourism
Tuesday, March 31, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, May 26, 2020 from 3-4 p.m. - View Recording
Tuesday, August 25, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 from 3-4 p.m.
2020 Work-based Learning Lab
The CWDC offers technical assistance for communities actively pursuing work-based learning strategies to address issues in their talent pipeline. The Work Based Learning Lab is designed to support the advancement of the Thriving Work-based Learning Community model throughout Colorado.
The 12-month module is broken into two phases: Discovery Phase (2 months) and Action Phase (10 months).
- Discovery Phase
The Discovery Phase launched on March 16, 2020 with an in-depth workshop designed to support communities in analyzing existing data, building empathy and understanding across partners, and exploring systems change dynamics within their communities. Participating communities will continue exploring the following topics while developing applications for the work-based learning grants with coaching support.
During the Community Discovery Phase, participants:
- Develop and begin implementing a plan for local systems change
- Analyze regional data
- Complete landscape analysis and map assets
- Increase understanding of opportunities and challenges facing key work-based learning stakeholders in your community
- Build empathy across partners
- Draft WBL grant application
Current WBL Community Participants:
- Adams Work-based Learning Expansion (Adams County Workforce & Business Center, Adams County Education Consortium)
- Arapahoe/Douglas Works! Business Response Community (Arapahoe/Douglas Works!)
- Elizabeth HS Work-based Learning Opportunity (Boeing)
- Boulder County Apprenticeship Task Force (Boulder County Workforce)
- Northern Colorado Work-based Learning Alliance (Larimer County Economic and Workforce Development)
- Financial Services Pathway (Mi Casa Resource Center)
- College of Letters, Arts and Sciences (LAS) Apprenticeship Program (University of Colorado - Colorado Springs)
- Action Phase
The WBL Learning Lab Action phase will launch in May for all Thriving Work-based Learning Community grantees.
The community of practice will offer:
- Exposure to work-based learning subject matter experts and promising practices
- Access to tools to support scaling WBL in communities
- Opportunities for coaching and technical assistance
- Peer learning and peer support
- Influence in statewide conversations on work-based learning
Thriving Work-based Learning Community Grants
WBL Learning Lab participants are eligible to apply for Thriving Work-based Learning Community Grants to fund work-based learning capacity building efforts. Communities do not need to participate in the Discovery Phase to be eligible to apply for the grants. However, interested applicants must complete the Landscape Analysis and Work-based Learning Project Plan templates provided with the grant application at cwdccommunitysupport.com. Visit cwdccommunitysupport.com for more information and to apply by May 28, 2020.