Sept. 15, 2023 - Registration is now open for the 2023 Healthcare Workforce Summit taking place on Oct. 26. Join the CWDC and partners for this no-cost hybrid convening to address healthcare workforce shortages. Register now to secure your spot -- in-person attendance is limited to 200 participants and virtual attendance is limited to 500 participants. Register by Oct. 12.
A 2021 analysis from Mercer found that Colorado will be facing a shortage of 54,000 entry and mid-level healthcare workers and more than 10,000 registered nurses in Colorado by 2026. As organizations seek to address these shortages, it is necessary to develop a cohesive statewide plan that builds on Colorado’s strengths and addresses ongoing matters of policy and practice that create persistent barriers to addressing workforce shortages.
When + Where
- October 26, 2023 from 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Hybrid event with the option to attend virtually or in person in Pueblo. Healthcare sector partnerships and interested individuals are welcome to participate in the event either in-person or virtually.
- The in-person event will be held at the Pueblo Convention Center (320 Central Main St., Pueblo, CO 81003).
- Virtual attendees are encouraged to meet locally with regional teams for action planning and solution development. Regional teams that need support identifying a meeting space can reach out to email@example.com.
- Company decision-makers and HR professionals from healthcare who are eager to create solutions and implement action to address shared industry barriers.
- Public partners from workforce development, chambers of commerce, education and training providers, and economic development who want to problem solve with industry and support statewide and regional solutions.
Throughout this one-day hybrid summit participants will be engaged through speaker panels featuring industry leaders involved in behavioral health, healthcare, public health, and direct care. Interactive exercises will allow participants to reflect on barriers to talent supply and development, ask questions, and connect with regional and statewide partners committed to testing new strategies. The event will feature:
- Regional collaboration, including through sector partnerships
- Employer panel spotlighting actions employers are taking to address healthcare workforce shortages
- Opportunity to inform policy steps needed to advance workforce innovation and/or map the current landscape of healthcare policies and regulation
- Map existing programming and resources addressing healthcare shortages regionally
Register now to secure your spot for the 2023 Healthcare Workforce Summit. In-person attendance is limited to 200 participants and virtual attendance is limited to 500 participants. Register.
The Colorado Workforce Development Council is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, and employment. To request accommodation (e.g., American Sign Language Interpreters, Communication Access Realtime Translation, etc.), please contact CWDC at firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 1.