May 5, 2021 - Registration is now open for the Work-based Learning Incubator Convening. We hope you will join us on June 3-4 for this virtual convening to support the development of high-quality work-based learning experiences in K-12 environments. This convening is hosted by the Colorado Department of Education Office of Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness and the Colorado Workforce Development Council. Register today.
Why attend? The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the future of work and digital advancements, and work-based learning adoption is increasing across the state as a strategy to innovate and support these new learning environments. Attend this convening to learn more about building high-quality work-based learning experiences, scale promising practices, and hear about the programs and initiatives taking place in school districts across Colorado. Educators can receive continuing education units for attending this convening.
June 3 - 4, 2021
- Thursday, June 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, June 4 from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- K-12 professionals who work with students in the career-connected and work-based learning space, including WBL coordinators, CTE professionals, counselors, administrators, and more.
- Workforce professionals, community partners, employers, and other individuals who support or are interested in learning more about work-based learning in K-12 environments.
Throughout the two days of the convening, participants will be engaged through workshops, presentations, and speaker panels and will have the opportunity to reflect, ask questions, and network with other professionals in the K-12 work-based learning space. Sessions will include information about:
- Engaging businesses in work-based learning programs
- Student experiences with work-based learning
- Increasing equity in programs
- Building programs to increase postsecondary and workforce readiness
- Connections to higher education
- Adapting work-based learning opportunities for digital environments
Want to learn more about what the Work-based Learning Incubator Convening has in store? Check out the agenda and other event details before registering.
To enhance our opportunities to connect virtually, this event is utilizing the Whova platform. You must create a Whova account after registering in order to attend virtual sessions. Information on how to create your Whova account will be sent in your registration confirmation email. After creating an account you will be able to access the full agenda to customize your schedule and sync to your calendar with ease.
If you are having trouble accessing your Whova account or registering for this event, please email Kelly Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.