The Colorado Workforce Development Council (CWDC) and the Colorado Community College System (CCCS), along with our partners, are building industry-informed career pathways in behavioral health. Learn more about career pathway building in Colorado.
To help facilitate this task, we are soliciting industry input in multiple ways:
- Through online forums mapping career pathways, identifying critical occupations, and validating occupational descriptions. If you were unable to attend one of our forums, or you would like to review some background information and provide feedback, you can participate asynchronously with this presentation: go to Menti.com and use code 999063. The presentation should take 10-20 minutes and will gather your feedback as you go through it.
- Asking qualified industry Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to review job profiles and help us validate required skills and competencies for select critical occupations.
Data gathered through this process will be used to inform two initiatives:
- Updates to our behavioral health career pathways on My Colorado Journey this summer.
- The CO-HELPS apprenticeship grant to develop and scale healthcare apprenticeships.
- Why should I participate?
- It’s good for Colorado. Your participation will help ensure Colorado is preparing a more qualified workforce for future prosperity.
- It’s good for students. Your participation will help ensure education and training programs prepare students with the appropriate knowledge and skills for meaningful careers.
- It’s good for industry. Your contribution will help ensure a supply of qualified future employees to industry.
- It’s good for your company. Your engagement will help your company recruit, train, and retain talent.
- Who is a Subject Matter Expert?
A Subject Matter Expert, or SME, is a person with bona fide current expert knowledge about what it takes to do a particular job. Because this review focuses on Colorado-oriented employers, Colorado-based SMEs are preferable but not required. Examples include:
- An individual who does the job.
- Supervisors of people doing the job.
- Hiring managers and human resources professionals recruiting and hiring for the job.
- Company administrators, leaders, and executives with broad scope for talent management.
You are highly encouraged to share this landing page with other qualified SMEs in your network. Additional input from public partners, including education and training providers, faculty, industry associations, and workforce center business services professionals is welcomed. Results will be analyzed by partner type.
- Additional Information
The Colorado Community College System, Skillful, and SkillsEngine have partnered to bring the Calibrate tool to Colorado building job profiles in healthcare and behavioral health to support CO-HELPS and Colorado career pathways work. Calibrate is being funded by Skillful and CO-HELPS, a workforce solution grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
Need more details? See the Calibrate Reviewer FAQ for more information.
Have questions? Please contact Thomas Hartman, Ph.D., Talent Development Consultant, Colorado Workforce Development Council at 303-318-8083 or email@example.com.
Review Job Profiles
Below are the job profiles currently open for review. You may select/review more than one job profile. Your expertise is greatly appreciated!
- Please click the link for your area(s) of expertise.
- Each review takes 15 to 20 minutes.
- When validating a job profile, hone feedback to the specific job as it relates to your workplace.
Behavioral Health Job Profiles