August 17, 2020 - In partnership with the Colorado Department of Education Office of Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness, the CWDC is excited to launch the Work-based Learning Incubator taking place from September 2020 through June 2021. The incubator is designed to support the development of work-based learning programs in Colorado schools and school districts and share resources and promising practices with K-12 educators.
Work-based learning programs are instrumental in quality career pathways that enable students to secure industry-relevant skills, certifications, and credentials and advance to higher levels of education and employment. All professionals connected to K-12 schools and districts in Colorado are encouraged to participate in the incubator to learn more about work-based learning promising practices and program development. To facilitate a variety of learning experiences, the incubator is being delivered in two strands:
- Strand 1: Monthly Interactive Webinar Series - Interactive webinars will take place monthly on the second Thursday at 3 p.m. from September 2020 through June 2021, and will center on a different work-based learning topic each month. See below for a list of dates, topics, and registration information. The first webinar is on Sept. 3 and will focus on partnership with workforce centers. Register for the September webinar.
- Strand 2: Community of Practice - Beginning in January 2021, the second strand of the incubator is a community of practice across districts that aims to help your school or district build a work-based learning program to launch in the 2021-22 school year. Work-based Learning Incubator Community of Practice participants will learn processes for developing sustainable, versatile programs using design thinking in a changing economy and environment. Contact Kelly Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating, and look out for the application being sent in November.
If you have questions about the Work-based Learning Incubator, or would like to get involved as a speaker on one of the webinars, please contact Kelly Mitchell at email@example.com.
Monthly Interactive Webinar Series - Dates, Topics, and Registration
All webinars will take place on the second Thursday of each month at 3 p.m.
- September 3: Workforce center partnership - Register
- October 8: Engaging business partners - Register
- November 12: Equitable practices/data analysis - Register
- December 10: Learning about work - Register
- January 14: Learning through work - Register
- February 11: Learning at work - Register
- March 11: Business/education platforms - Register
- April 8: Work-based learning and students with disabilities - Register
- May 13: Measurement and program assessment - Register