Note: As of Nov. 30, the application deadline for this grant has been extended to Jan. 12. There will also be an informational webinar about this grant on Friday, Dec. 8 from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. Register for the informational webinar.
Nov. 20, 2023 - The CWDC is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity for Colorado’s active sector partnerships in high-demand industries. The Strong Sectors, Good Jobs Grant will support the expansion and effectiveness of Colorado’s sector partnership network to better meet talent needs and other industry-identified priorities in the state.
The funding will prioritize sector partnerships that are implementing key job quality strategies, particularly those targeted at talent development (i.e. skills-based hiring, apprenticeships, work-based learning, etc.). The Strong Sectors, Good Jobs Grant has an emphasis on demonstrating impact through reporting on measures identified by the partnership as well as key metrics identified through the recent evaluation completed by WildFig.
Applications are due by Jan. 12, 2024. Multiple grant awards will be awarded, with a maximum individual award amount of $49,500. Apply by Jan. 12.
Source of Funds
The funding source for these grants is WIOA Discretionary funds. Funds are subject to all WIOA requirements and follow Colorado procurement guidelines. Please review our Partnership Guide for a better understanding of the requirements of federal funding.
The CWDC has developed the Sector Partnership Acknowledgement Form as a more transparent and easy to use process to clarify which partnerships are eligible for grant funding, technical assistance, and recognition on the CWDC website. All sector partnerships applying for the Strong Sectors, Good Jobs Grant must complete the Acknowledgement Form.
In Colorado, sector partnerships are partnerships of employers, from the same industry and in a shared labor market region, who work with education, workforce development, economic development and other community organizations to address the workforce and other competitiveness needs of their industry. These partnerships are a key systems change strategy in Colorado and offer a strong foundation to address talent shortages and create thriving, regional economic and workforce ecosystems.
Active sector partnerships in Colorado are listed on the CWDC’s website, determined by the parameters outlined in the Acknowledgement Form. In some instances partnerships may be asked to provide evidence verifying that the conditions of an active sector partnership are in place. Active sector partnerships are eligible for grant funding and technical assistance to support their priorities. Complete this brief diagnostic tool to better understand the current state of your partnership and submit to be recognized on the website.
This tool will help provide clarity on what steps can be taken to strengthen existing partnerships, and help prepare partnerships that are considering launching.
- Please visit the CWDC technical assistance portal to apply for the grant.
- First time visitors to the technical assistance portal will be prompted to create a login. Please use a work email address as your username and create a unique password.
- Once logged on to the home page of the technical assistance portal, click the “apply” button. On the next screen, click on “Strong Sectors, Good Jobs Grant Opportunity 1” to view additional grant details and submit your application.
- Please note, Salesforce has a 25 character file name limit and will not allow documents with lengthy names to be uploaded. If you are having trouble uploading your plan, please shorten the title or contact the CWDC email listed below.
- If you have questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com.