April 8, 2021 - Join us on June 3-4 for a virtual convening to support the development of high-quality work-based learning experiences in K-12 environments and to learn about promising practices from across the state. This convening is the culminating experience of the 2020-2021 Work-based Learning Incubator, and is hosted by the Colorado Department of Education Office of Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness and the Colorado Workforce Development Council.
When + Where
- June 3 - 4 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Virtual convening
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the future of work and digital advancements, and work-based learning adoption is increasing across the state as a strategy to innovate and support these new learning environments. Attend this convening to learn more about building high-quality work-based learning experiences, scale promising practices, and hear about the programs and initiatives taking place in school districts across Colorado.
- K-12 professionals who work with students in the career-connected and work-based learning space, including WBL coordinators, CTE professionals, counselors, administrators, and more.
- Individuals who are interested in learning more about work-based learning in K-12 environments.
Throughout the two days of the convening, participants will be engaged through workshops, presentations, and speaker panels and will have the opportunity to reflect, ask questions, and network with other professionals in the K-12 work-based learning space. Sessions will include information about:
- Engaging businesses in work-based learning programs
- Student experiences with work-based learning
- Increasing equity in programs
- Building programs to increase postsecondary and workforce readiness
- Connections to higher education
- Adapting work-based learning opportunities for digital environments
Questions? Contact Kelly Mitchell at email@example.com.