Sept. 2, 2021 - Do you know an apprentice, mentor, employer, program, partnership, or champion doing great work? Nominate them for the 2021 Colorado Apprenticeship Awards. Winners will be recognized at a hybrid event on Nov. 16 hosted by the Business Experiential Learning (BEL) Commission and the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE).
Nominations close Sept. 26 at 11:59 p.m. MT. Submit a nomination.
Both self-nominations and nominations of others are welcomed. Nominations from all industries, backgrounds, and areas of the state are encouraged.
For the purposes of nominating, the following definition meets the criteria for apprenticeship: Apprenticeship is an employer-driven model and form of experiential learning that combines on-the-job learning as a paid employee with related classroom instruction in order to increase an apprentice’s skill level and wages.
- Apprentice: Apprentices will be recognized based on their contributions to their organization and successful progress in the program.
- Business/Employer: Businesses will be recognized based on their contributions to the apprentice success and industry for which they represent.
- Mentor/Journeyperson/Preceptor: Mentors, or journeypersons, are individuals that have a formal role in guiding an apprentice in their on-the-job learning component of their apprenticeship, typically overseeing the skills earned during employment. They will be recognized based on their contributions to the apprentice and overall organizational success.
- Apprenticeship Program: Programs will be recognized based on their contributions to the career and education of apprentices, effectiveness meeting the training and hiring needs of the employer, and contribution to the Colorado economy.
- Partnership [Organizations]: Partnerships will be recognized based on their ability to bring stakeholders together to support the holistic success of the career and educational outcomes for apprentices and the local and/or state industry needs.
- Champion [Individuals]: Apprenticeship Champions are individuals recognized based on their role in advancing awareness and adoption of apprenticeship programs across Colorado.
If you have questions or have trouble accessing the nomination form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.