The deadline for the Colorado Workforce Development Council (CWDC) Small Business Apprenticeship grant providing financial incentives of up to $50,000 in grant funding to small businesses to expand administrative support for launching new or expanding existing Registered Apprenticeship Programs (RAPs) has been extended to September 8, 2023 at 5 p.m. MST.
Upon learning that several interested organizations were encountering technical difficulties when trying to submit their applications, the date has been extended to ensure no entities are excluded in the process. We believe the issue has been resolved, but should you have difficulty, please send an email to email@example.com.
Examples of how an employer can utilize funding include:
- Hiring internal administrative support to launch or expand apprenticeship programs
- Provide training for managers and/or mentors
- Curriculum development
To apply for this opportunity:.
- Please visit the CWDC technical assistance portal to apply for the grant.
- First-time visitors to the technical assistance portal will be prompted to create a log in. Please use a work email address as your username and create a unique password.
- Once logged on to the home page of the technical assistance portal, click ‘apply’ if you are interested in applying for the grant.
- To review grant documents before submitting an application, please visit the Vendor Self-Service at www.colorado.gov/vss. Click on the public access tab on the bottom left of the screen. In the keyword search field at the top of the screen, type in "Small Business Apprenticeship Support" and hit enter. Click on the Details tab under the title for RFP #2024000020, and then click on the Attachments tab.
Funds for the award are provided through HB21-1264. The CWDC has produced the following SLFRF Partnership Guide to prepare grantees with valuable information, best practices for record-keeping, and helpful tips for managing grant requirements.