Lives Empowered Training Academy
These online training programs will strengthen essential skills, such as customer service, and provide you with an industry recognized credential that can help you move up in your career.
Enrich Financial Services
85% of workers report that they are concerned about their finances. The Enrich platform provides free access to financial education and resources to ease the financial stress employees face.
WorkLife Employee Services
WorkLife provides support services to help your employees conquer their personal challenges so they can fee supported, productive, and engaged while at work.
Retail Career Pathways
Explore career pathways in retail, hospitality, and food & beverage to discover the education and skills required to pursue a career in the industry and advance your career goals.
- Register for Reenvisioning Retail 2021! The event will take place on April 14-16, 2021. Learn more and register.
- Upskilling case studies: Diverse organizations and employers implement upskilling to improve employee retention, facilitate career advancement, attract new talent, and increase customer satisfaction. The case studies highlight the upskilling approaches of various Colorado organizations to help provide a scalable model for upskilling the frontline workforce that can be replicated by other entities across the state. View the case studies.
Frontline service workers make up one in seven employees in the United States. With the onset of COVID-19, the critical necessity of these workers has been brought to the forefront. To support these individuals and the economy, the initiative will work to ensure equitable upskilling and retention strategies that build mobility are more widely spread.
Lives Empowered brings together retail businesses interested in working collaboratively to increase economic mobility for frontline workers across Colorado and contribute to a strong economy. Lives Empowered is made possible by a $4.1 million grant from Walmart to the Colorado Workforce Development Council.
On Dec. 4, 2018, the Colorado Workforce Development Council became the first state government entity to receive a $4 million dollar investment from Walmart to support workforce development through the Lives Empowered initiative. Over the next three years, the CWDC will work with local and regional communities to support and sustain the launch of up to 10 retail sector partnerships committed to piloting upskilling training for incumbent retail workers.
To learn more about the Lives Empowered grant announcement, check out the following links:
Colleen Wohnoutka, Business Engagement
Bobbie Wolfe, Upskilling
Retail is a springboard to greater economic opportunity in Colorado.
By the numbers:
- 51 of 64 Colorado counties project growth in retail during the next decade
- Colorado is the eighth fastest-growing state for jobs in retail
- 99% of retail businesses employ fewer than 50 people
- 71% of hiring managers appreciate employees with retail experience
- 60% of retail store employees are promoted within 10 months of being hired into an entry-level position
- On average, retail workers make $38K per year